To support activities aligning with our values and areas of expertise to benefit the communities where we live and work.
Our Philosophy of Giving
Corporate responsibility means being accountable to our employees, clients, communities and the environment, in our personal as well as professional lives. We strongly believe that giving back is not only a civic duty, but a privilege.
Our Areas of Focus
Healthcare and Creating Healthy Communities
As the No. 1 Healthcare Design firm, HDR values the importance of healthcare and healthy communities. Examples of activities that the HDR Foundation may fund to support healthy communities include:
- Social service programs that address critical issues of our communities
- Innovative programs that explore new approaches to healthcare delivery
HDR recognizes the value of environmentally responsible practices to our clients, employee-owners, and to our communities. Examples of activities HDR may fund to support healthy environments include:
- Water monitoring and restoration programs that improve water quality
- Water and energy reduction programs
- Programs that explore the application of new technologies for water reuse and energy savings
- Programs that promote use and development of active transportation modes (walking, biking, safe routes to school)
HDR, our clients and our communities benefit from a well-educated, skilled and informed population. Examples of activities HDR may fund include:
- K-12 STEM programs (science, technology, engineering and math education)
- High school career mentoring programs
- Internships in our principal areas of practice
Where We Give
The HDR Foundation provides grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, federally recognized tribal governments, and to political subdivisions such as school districts or libraries. The Foundation's giving is focused in the communities in which HDR employees live and work, focusing on North America or organizations that support global initiatives.