American Family Children's Hospital
American Family Children's Hospital is a world-class pediatric hospital that addresses the unique emotional and physical needs of children. Previously, pediatric spaces were dispersed throughout the adjacent University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics facility. The hospital required its own distinct identity, one that was family-centered, patient-friendly with an imaginative atmosphere. Furnishings, finishes, wayfinding and artwork on each floor were carefully chosen to celebrate various "All Things Wisconsin" interior design themes.
To protect privacy and dignity, patient rooms are sized to provide ample space and amenities for families to participate in care giving. Large windows with spectacular views provide a healing connection to nature. Decentralized nurse and supply stations, charting areas outside patient rooms, bedside medicine and supplies, sliding "barn" doors on bathrooms and non-slip surfaces help ensure patient safety and improved care. The new hospital's vertical tower design maximizes square footage efficiencies on a tight site plan.
- Type of Construction: Addition, Expansion, New Construction
- Size: 289,000 SF (26,850 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Charrette, Construction Administration, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, MEP Engineering, Master Planning, Planning, Pre-Design, Programming, Site Design, Structural Engineering
- Project Components: Admitting/Registration, Atrium/Lobby, Cardiology, Conference Room, Decentralized Nurse Stations, Dietary, Dining Area/Café, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Medical/Surgical Beds, On-stage/Off-stage Circulation, Oncology, Parking, Pediatric, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Playroom, Reception/Lobby, Rehabilitation, Speech Therapy, Staff Lounge, Surgery (inpatient)
- Project Type: Academic Medical Center, Acute Care Hospital, Children’s Hospital
- Related Projects: Academic, Acute Care, Healthcare, Healthcare Consulting, Specialty Centers
- Related Links: