New Parkland Hospital
The new Parkland Hospital is a $1.27 billion healthcare facility replacing the existing Parkland Memorial Hospital built in 1954. The HDR + Corgan Joint Venture team led the design for a master plan of a new 64-acre healthcare campus, as well as for the 862-bed full-service acute care replacement hospital.
From its inception, the design for the New Parkland Hospital has been distinctly about this medical center's relevance in connecting to the city's urban fabric, and importance as a civic anchor. The combination of its physical relationship to multiple modes of public transportation, and the incorporation of "linear parks" as major design elements for orientation and navigation, established a strong developmental framework for the overall conceptual development. Additionally, the building massing, while iconic, is an honest expression of Parkland's healthcare program and operational requirements.
- 2015 Honor Award, Built category - American Institute of Architects (AIA) Dallas
- 2015 Design Award - Texas Society of Architects/AIA Texas
- 2015 Gold Award - Building Design+Construction Building Team Awards
- 2015 National Award of Excellence - Post-Tensioning Institute
- 2011 Honor Award, Unbuilt category - American Institute of Architects (AIA) Dallas
- Sustainable Features: LEED Gold
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 2,100,000 SF (195,100 m²)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Master Planning, Site Design
- Project Components: Cardiology, Dining Area/Café, Emergency Department, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Imaging, Inpatient Beds, Intensive Care Unit, Labor-Delivery-Recovery (LDR), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Nursery, Oncology, Outpatient Clinic, Parking, Pediatric, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Radiology, Reception/Lobby, Rehabilitation, Research, Surgery (inpatient), Wellness Center
- Project Type: Academic Medical Center, Acute Care Hospital, Ambulatory Care Facility, Campus Master Plan, Children’s Hospital, Women’s Center
- Related Projects: Acute Care, Ambulatory Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Healthcare Consulting, Specialty Centers
- Related Links: