Sunshine Coast University Hospital
HDR | Rice Daubney and Architectus Brisbane, as a part of the Exemplar Health Consortium, are working with Lend Lease to deliver this tertiary teaching hospital—one of the largest healthcare projects in Australia.
The hospital is being developed as part of a 49 acre (20 hectare) integrated health campus. Designed to create natural, freely accessible social spaces that take full advantage of the benign seaside climate, the hospital will offer high levels of public and natural amenity that enhance the experience of patients and staff and contribute to their well-being. By significantly expanding its service capabilities, the hospital will be able to provide care for patients with complex or life-threatening conditions, eliminating the need for patients to travel far to receive care.
Designed using best practices in sustainable design, the hospital is targeting a 4-star Green Star "Design" and "As Built" rating under the Green Building Council of Australia's sustainability rating system. The hospital is planned to open in 2016 with 450 inpatient beds. In 2021, the hospital will further expand to 738 beds.
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Size: 1,700,000 SF (160,000 SM)
- Professional Services: Architecture, Interior Design
- Project Type: Academic Medical Center, Behavorial Health Center, Cancer Center, Cardiac Center, Children’s Hospital, Healthcare, Long-term Care, Surgery Center, Women’s Center
- Related Projects: Academic, Acute Care, Ambulatory Care, Architecture, Healthcare, Specialty Centers