Maurice Valentinuzzi, BArch (Hons)
Maurice has over 35 years experience at HDR across a broad range of market sectors including defence, commercial, retail, heritage and health projects. He is a Director at HDR specialising in the design and delivery of Defence facilities.
Maurice is passionate about ensuring project brief requirements are well-defined, facilities are sited and well planned to provide optimal working environments, and the built outcomes are of the highest quality for clients to perform their missions.
Maurice has a hands on approach providing key specialist Defence knowledge to project teams to ensure the successful design outcomes for Defence that are innovative and fit for purpose. Maurice is well respected in the industry for his vast knowledge of technical buildability issues and his experience in integrating services and consultant requirements into a total design solution.
With over 25 years of experience in delivering large complex facility projects for Defence, Maurice has the specialist skills required for the successful delivery of these projects, from project inception to the completion of construction and handover of facilities to the client, including:
- Utilising specialist knowledge in briefing and technical planning and facility performance of large complex Defence projects
- Managing the design of large and complex Defence projects
- Delivering large and complex Defence projects
- Leading Defence user consultations and requirements analysis
- Planning facilities for multiple functional groups
- Addressing materials, finishes and technical buildability issues
- Integrating specialist usage and equipment
- Addressing physical and electronic security requirements
- Coordinating specialist sub consultants
- Restoration and adaptive re-use of heritage listed buildings