Our team stepped onto the solid waste scene in the 1970s with our work for the City of Lincoln and Metro Waste in Des Moines. We quickly became known as a go-to firm for all forms of solid waste consulting by the 1980s.
Today we can proudly say that our team’s talents have helped our clients’ solid waste facilities receive more than 25 awards for excellence in design.
We have some of the best and brightest professionals pushing boundaries to take projects from upfront stakeholder involvement and conceptual planning to final design, then through construction and into operation.
Our award-winning design approach focuses on operational and safety excellence, integration into the surrounding environment and incorporation of energy conservation and cost control measures while also meeting or exceeding environmental requirements.
Comprehensive solid waste management services:
- Integrated Waste Management Planning
- Waste Transfer and Processing Facilities
- Energy-from-Waste and Conversion Technologies
- Organics Management
- Landfill and Landfill Gas
- Permitting, Studies, Siting and Optimizations
- Strategic Consulting and Public Involvement
- Disaster Recovery and Debris Monitoring
The HDR Difference
More than 10 percent of the nation’s waste is processed or disposed of in a solid waste facility designed by HDR.