Technology Library Provides Access to Community Learning
Do Space rethinks the evolution of the modern library. This "community technology library" creates digitally-driven educational opportunities for people from all walks of life and at every level of experience, empowering the local community with innovative tools, guidance and access to technology. Formerly an out-of-business big box bookstore, the building includes all new interiors, upgrades to all building systems, a dedicated data centre, and exterior modifications.
Thoughtfully designed with a concept inspired by modern technology, similar to a computer, the facility serves as a "shell" for educational programs that can be modified as technology evolves. It provides dedicated space for the community to explore knowledge with:
- Flexibly-designed space that can change and adapt — an incubator for technology
- A coffee shop serving as an informal touchdown zone for library patrons
- A collaborative computer lab
- Dedicated childrens rooms with fun, appropriately-sized learning tools
- A "Makerspace," to connect theoretical learning to product development with 3D printers, laser cutters and CNC machine