2019 Railroad Environmental Conference (RREC)
Illini Union - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
1401 W. Green Street
Join our professionals to discuss how the railroad industry is going green at the 21st Annual Railroad Environmental Conference! We are proud to have supported this important conference for more than 20 years.
Compliance and Permitting
“So you Want to Build a Railroad?” - An Environmental Clearance and Permitting Story
- Tuesday, October 22 | 10:40 a.m. | Illini Room A
- Moderator/Presenter: Kevin Keller, HDR
Replacing Canadian National Railroad’s Bonnet Carré Spillway Bridge - Permitting Strategies to Replace Historic Structures in a Complex Regulatory Environment
- Tuesday, October 22 | 1:35 p.m. | Illini Room A
- Presenters: James Thomas, HDR & Kari Harris, CN Railway
Permitting Class 1 Freight Railroad Bridge Replacement Projects in the 21st Century: Collaboration Required
- Tuesday, October 22 | 5 p.m.
- Poster Presenters: James Thomas, HDR
Passenger Rail & Transit
Piloting the FFGA and Permitting Simultaneously without Derailing the Process
- Wednesday, October 23 | 10:45 a.m. | Illini Room A
- Presenters: Joshua Gillespie, HDR
Improving the South Shore Line, One Dune Wetland at a Time
- Wednesday, October 23 | 11:05 a.m. | Illini Room A
- Janice Reid, HDR
It's popping at RREC!
Make sure to stop by our booth either day of the conference for thought-provoking conversations with our experts and a delicious popcorn snack!