2023 HDR Scholarship Program - Transportation
Transportation Scholarship Details
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 GPA scale)
- Awarded undergraduate degree by spring 2023
- Enrolled in a civil, structural, geotechnical or other related engineering graduate program with focus on transportation engineering. Candidates must have at least one year remaining before completing a graduate degree to qualify.
- Willing to accept an HDR internship. Internships are subject to health restrictions and workload.
- Official documentation from your school evidencing your enrollment in a graduate program (acceptance letter, schedule or other document showing enrollment)
- Essay questions: Please copy each question into a Word document with your corresponding response, and be prepared to upload at the end of your application.
- Please explain why you are interested in a career in the transportation industry and how this scholarship will further nurture and solidify your career for the long-term?
- Explain the importance of your major (area of study focus) in today’s society.
- Applicant Chooses Two
- What does the transport industry look like in the next 10 years?
- Pick an experience in your own life and explain how it has influenced your personal development.
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability and capability both in and out of school.
- Why are you an excellent candidate to receive this award?
Our Transportation Experience
Learn more about our experience, services, insights and related projects.
Please read the FAQ below. If you have additional questions, please Meisha.Jackson [at] hdrinc.com (subject: 2023%20Transportation%20Scholarship) (contact us).
Q. I’m graduating in spring 2023, am I eligible?
A. If you have graduated by June 2023 with no plan to be in a graduate program in fall 2023, you are not eligible for the scholarship.
Q. I already have an internship, am I still eligible?
A. You must be able to complete an internship in summer 2023 or fall 2023 to be eligible. If you are unable to commit to that, you are not eligible.
Q. When is the deadline to apply?
A. January 20, 2023
Q. Can you provide more information on the internship?
A. Here are the details:
- Start and end dates are flexible based on your eligibility. The intent is for this to be a summer internship. We make exceptions for fall internships.
- Location will be determined on a case by case basis. On the application, you will be asked which locations you will realistically be able to intern.
- HDR does not provide housing or transportation expenses for internships.
- Internships are paid, in addition to the $10,000 USD award.
Q. Are foreign nationals eligible?
Q. Is there a word limit or required range on the essays?
Q. I don’t have my graduate GPA, what should I use?
A. Please enter the most recent cumulative GPA.
Q. When will I hear back regarding my candidacy?
All candidates will be notified in February 2023. The candidate timeline for 2022/2023 is:
- January 20 – Application deadline
- January and February – Candidate submissions are reviewed
- February – All candidates notified of the selection. You will receive a phone call to the number you provided on your application. If we are unable to reach you, you will receive an email to the account you provided on your application.