HDR Foundation Grant Application Process
What We Support
Through the HDR Foundation, we seek to fund organizations located in the communities in which our employees live and work. Eligible applicants include U.S.-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, federally recognized tribal governments, educational institutions, and political subdivisions such as school districts or libraries.
We provide funding for discrete projects that show promise for lasting impact. Preference is given to fund nonprofits that meet the following criteria:
- Current HDR employee engagement and service
- Quantifiable outcomes
- Measurable impacts
- Clear scopes of work
- Detailed budget information
- Activities that are sustainable beyond the grant term
For more information or to explore the volunteer opportunities with your organization, please contact us at HDRFoundation [at] hdrinc.com.
What You’ll Need to Complete the Application
- A copy of your organization’s IRS determination letter and Form W-9
- Your organization’s audited financial statement or IRS Form 990
- Your organization’s operational budget
- A spreadsheet with an itemized budget for your request (including breakdown details)
- A letter of support from an HDR employee sponsor
- A concise problem statement (no more than 1-2 sentences)
- A high-level project summary (no more than 500 words)
- Information on all sources of funding for your project
- A clear idea of what success looks like and how you will measure it
We Don't Fund
- Individuals, other than approved employee assistance programs
- Organizations that have any pending issue before the Internal Revenue Service that may result in a change to current tax exempt status.
- Operational (overhead) support. For more information visit, AccountingTools.com.
- Religious institutions
- Nontribal government agencies
- Operating support
- Outside endowments
- Travel support
- Pass-through funding
- Direct compensation
- Pass-through organizations (e.g., community foundations)
2020 Grant Application Schedule
1st Small Grant Cycle
Applications accepted Jan. 7–28. Funding decisions announced in May 2020.
2nd Small Grant Cycle
Applications accepted May 13 - June 19. Funding decisions announced in July 2020.
Annual Large Grant Cycle
Letters of Intent accepted July 29 - Aug. 23. Funding decisions announced in November 2020.