MEP Roundtable: Healthcare Facilities
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has influenced changes in healthcare facilities, promoting flexible design, automation and preventative maintenance to address evolving spatial requirements and to anticipate higher volumes of emergencies.
Tim Willoughby, mechanical engineering principal, has participated in an MEP roundtable about exploring current design trends, emerging technologies and challenges faced by professionals working within the building engineering services industry, in the context of the healthcare sector.
Consulting–Specifying Engineer has published a series of articles following the discussion:
- Building design trends in hospitals and health care facilities
- How automation is being used for health care buildings
- Important codes and standards in designing health care buildings
- Hospital designs: Adapting fire and life safety systems
- How to design sustainable and adaptable HVAC systems for hospitals
- How to balance sustainability and operability in health care design