World Water Day 2019
22 March 2019 | Water for All
Our offices around the world are showing support for the United Nations' World Water Day 2019. Held every March 22 since 1993, World Water Day provides an opportunity to learn about water-related issues and inspire change.
"We must do our part in advancing this conversation. This is a great opportunity to help elevate the importance of water, sanitation and sustainability, and take action to make a difference in our communities."
- Dave LeCureux, HDR's operating president for water
This year's World Water Day theme is "Leaving No One Behind" which focuses attention on the billions of people who are still living without safe water and struggling to survive and thrive. Access to safe and clean drinking water is a human right, which is essential to sustainable development, and a stable and prosperous world.
Be the Change on World Water Day
Get inspired by real-world projects!
- Water Reuse – Part of the Movement
- Leading in Lead: HDR Fellow’s Research Helping Clients Address Public Health Crisis
- Lead in Drinking Water: What Utility Companies Need to Understand About Lead Levels
Share Your Knowledge on March 22
Be a guest speaker in local classrooms to teach future generations about water.
- HDR's World Water Day Coloring Book
- AWWA Classroom Lessons
- UN's Fact Sheet
- The EarthEcho Water Challenge Program