2019 U.S. Society on Dams (USSD) Conference and Exhibition
Hilton Chicago Hotel
Our dams and levees experts will be attending and presenting at the 2019 United States Society on Dams (USSD) Conference—the leading event in advancing the role of dam and levee systems and building the community of practice.
We hope to see you at any of our technical sessions where you can meet our professionals and learn about the latest in dams and levees, and their value in our society.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
TRACK 1 - 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Moderator: Keith Ferguson
TRACK 2 - 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
2C: Conference Theme I Cedar Rapids, Iowa – A Second Chance for a Flooded City
- Presenters: Matthew Redington and Michael Butterfield
2D: H&H (Hydraulics) | Flow Modeling of a Steep, Curved Spillway Chute
- Presenters: Abbas Dorostkar and Sarah Christian
2E: Construction (Rehabilitation) | Upgrades for a Second Century at Duke Energy’s Bridgewater Hydroelectric Project
- Presenters: Brian Reinicker, Brian Chrisman, and David Gerlach
POSTER SESSION - 4–6 p.m.
A Study on Seismic Effects of Gate-Wall Interaction on Spillway Gates in an Existing Spillway
- Presenter: Anurag Singhal
Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of Levee Through Seepage Considering End-Around Effects
- Presenter: Mark Stanley
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
TRACK 3 - 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Moderator: Ali Reza Firoozfar
3D: Dam Safety II | How to Make a Business Case to Justify Dam Safety Improvements?
- Presenters: Ali Reza Firoozfar, Keith Moen, and Adam Jones
3D: Dam Safety II | Decision Making in Dam Engineering
- Presenters: Daniel Osmun and William Fiedler
TRACK 5 - 4–6 p.m.
- Moderator: Elena Sossenkina
5A: Levees | Improving Levee Resiliency – Mitigating Failure Modes to Avoid Disasters in Great Britain and the United States
- Presenter: Robert Beduhn
5C: Dam Safety III | Information to Inform Design of Dams and Levees
- Presenter: Elena Sossenkina