2020 Virtual Rail~Volution Conference
Network, learn from industry thought leaders, and discuss building livable, equitable communities with transit by joining us at the virtual Rail~Volution conference!
The unprecedented challenges our communities and transit systems have encountered this year are further challenging us to re-examine how our communities have been built. Our experts will share valuable insights into how we can improve the development by focusing on mobility, sustainability and equity to create the future we want to see.
We’re a proud Platinum sponsor of this year’s event.
Our Rail~Volution Sessions
Keynote: Beyond Today’s TOD: Advancing the Paradigm
- Wednesday, October 28 | 1-2 p.m. CDT
- Speaker: Peter Calthorpe, Senior Vice President, HDR | Calthorpe
What a difference a couple of decades can make. Transit oriented development just doesn’t work the same as it did 25 years ago — or even five years ago. New technology, changing land use patterns and the sharing economy have radically transformed the transit and mobility landscape. How will 2020 change the milieu? What can we expect for transit? Equitable TOD? How will we fit more affordable housing into our communities while improving mobility? Join us to examine new research as well as win-win models of eTOD.
Equity Meets Change: Public Health, Climate, Demographics and Technology
- Thursday, October 29 | 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CDT
- Moderator: Mark McLaren, ASLA, Vice President, Transit Market Director – West Region, HDR, Phoenix, AZ
- Presenters: Veronica Siranosian, AICP, LEED GA, Vice President, AECOM, Oakland, CA; Amy Silbermann, AICP, Director of Planning, Port Authority of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, PA; Claudia Preciado, Director of Growth – North America, Australia and New Zealand, Remix, San Francisco, CA
How do we take yesterday’s way of thinking into tomorrow? We don’t. New technology, changing demographics, a focus on climate, and a global pandemic are all changing how we think about equity. Discover new ways to incorporate equity into project goals, processes, analyses and outcomes to move beyond traditional methods. Hear viewpoints from across sectors. How can you build innovative partnerships and collaborative solutions and leverage data? Gain a better understanding of the issues and opportunities surrounding changes in transportation technologies (automated and connected vehicles, mobility as service), the environment, demographics and the pandemic. How are they similar, yet very different? Explore real-life examples of agencies working to deliver equitable outcomes for mobility projects across the country as they face this quadruple threat of change.