HDR Earns 2023 Engineering News-Record Regional Awards
Several HDR projects received recognition from the ENR Regional Best Projects 2023 Awards. The award program is dedicated to honoring the best construction projects and the companies that designed and built them in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Projects competed in 20 specialized categories covering a wide range of facilities and infrastructure. ENR's 10 regional editions judged the projects using five criteria, including safety, innovation and teamwork.
Projects deemed best in category will automatically compete in the national Best of the Best Projects competition, where winners will be announced in early 2024.
The winning projects to date include:
- Fern Hollow Emergency Bridge Replacement – Finalist, Project of the Year; Best Project, Highway/Bridges
- Tomahawk Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements – Best Project, Water/Environment
- Kew Gardens Interchange Infrastructure and Operational Improvements Project - Best Project, Highway/Bridges
- SunTrax Connected/Automated Vehicle Test Facility – Merit Award, Higher Education/Research
- Winston-Salem Northern Beltway – Merit Award, Highway/Bridges
- Lemmon Drive Diverging Diamond Interchange – Merit Award, Highway/Bridges