2024 HDR Scholarship Program - Water
Water Scholarship Details
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 GPA scale)
- Awarded undergraduate degree by spring 2024
- Enrolled in a civil, environmental or other related engineering graduate program, with a focus on water engineering. Candidates must have at least one year remaining before completing a graduate degree to qualify.
- Willing to accept an HDR internship. Internships are subject to health restrictions and workload.
- Official documentation from your school demonstrating your enrollment in a graduate program (acceptance letter, schedule or other document showing enrollment)
- Essay questions: Please copy each question into a Word document with your corresponding response, and be prepared to upload at the end of your application.
- Please explain why you are interested in a career in the water industry and how this scholarship will further nurture and solidify your career in this profession.
- Explain the importance of your major in today’s society.
- Applicant Chooses Two
- What do you think the water industry will be like in the next 10 years?
- Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development.
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
- Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
Our Water Experience
Learn more about our experience, services, insights and related projects.
Please read the FAQ below. If you have additional questions, please Meisha.Jackson [at] hdrinc.com (subject: 2024%20Water%20Scholarship) (contact us).
Q. I’m graduating in spring 2024, am I eligible?
A. If you have graduated by June 2024 with no plan to be in a graduate program in fall 2024, you are not eligible for the scholarship.
Q. I already have an internship, am I still eligible?
A. You must be able to complete an internship in summer 2024 or fall 2024 to be eligible. If you are unable to commit to that, you are not eligible.
Q. When is the deadline to apply?
A. January 19, 2024
Q. Can you provide more information on the internship?
A. Here are the details:
- Start and end dates are flexible based on your eligibility. The intent is for this to be a summer internship. We make exceptions for fall internships.
- Location will be determined on a case-by-case basis. On the application, you will be asked which locations you will realistically be able to intern.
- HDR does not provide housing or transportation expenses for internships.
- Internships are paid, in addition to the $10,000 USD award.
Q. Are foreign nationals eligible?
Q. Is there a word limit or required range on the essays?
Q. I don’t have my graduate GPA, what should I use?
A. Please enter the most recent cumulative GPA.
Q. When will I hear back regarding my candidacy?
A. All candidates will be notified in February 2024. The candidate timeline for 2023/2024 is:
- January 19 – Application deadline
- January and February – Candidate submissions are reviewed
- February – All candidates notified of the selection. You will receive a phone call to the number you provided on your application. If we are unable to reach you, you will receive an email to the account you provided on your application.