Healthcare Design Expo & Conference
New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
900 Convention Center Blvd
New Orleans, LA
This year’s Healthcare Design Expo & Conference will feature several presentations from our healthcare designers and researchers, and four awards for achievements. Here’s the rundown for attendees:
Our HCD Expo Presentations
Reducing Security Risks: How Visibility Enhances Security in Community Hospitals' Emergency Departments
- Presenters: Arsalan Gharaveis, HDR; Debajyoti Pati, Texas Tech University; Kirk Hamilton, Texas A&M University; and Mardelle Shepley of Cornell University
- Sunday, Nov. 3 | 9:30 a.m.
The Impact of a Decentralized Inpatient Unit Design on Nurse Learning Opportunities
- Presenters: Renae Rich, HDR; Juliet Rogers, Blue Cottage Consulting; Minakshi Raj, University of Michigan; and Sheila DePaola, Parkland Hospital
- Sunday, Nov. 3 | 10:45 a.m.
The Biology, Physics, and Epistemology of Buildings: How Wellness is Changing the Design and Operations Process
- Presenters: Colin Rohlfing, HDR; Dr. Whitney Gray, Delos; and Laura Parisi, Advocate Aurora Health
- Sunday, Nov. 3 | 12 a.m.
Training Destinations: Simulation Spaces that Support Active Learning and Patient Safety
- Presenters: June Hanley and Scott Hughes, HDR; Dr. Jennifer Arnold, Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
- Sunday, Nov. 3 | 1:45 p.m.
The High-performance Advocate ILPD Team Looks Backward
- Presenters: Mike Doiel, HDR; Scott Nelson, Advocate Aurora Health; and Jeff Niesen, The Boldt Company
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 | 2:30 p.m.
Our HCD Expo Awards
Healthcare Design Awards Luncheon
- Dave Redemske will be recognized as the 2019 HCD10 Researcher and Brian Giebink will be recognized as a 2019 Rising Star.
- Sunday, Nov. 3 | 12 p.m.
Herman Miller Healthcare Scholar Award
- Pelin Ozgul earned the 2019 AIA AAH/Herman Miller Healthcare Scholar Award which includes conference attendance and recognition.
- Sunday, Nov. 3 | 7 p.m.
The Center for Health Design Awards
- Jeri Brittin and Hank Adams will accept the Evidence-based Design Touchstone Award for research at Parkland Hospital.
- Monday, Nov. 4 | 8 a.m.