Safety, Health & Environmental Policy Statement
We are committed to providing our employees a safe and healthful workplace that is compliant with applicable safety, health and environmental laws, regulations, and industry standards. HDR employees will not conduct any work activity that cannot be performed in a safe, healthful, and environmentally conscious manner.
To meet this commitment, we endeavor to:
- Develop, maintain, and enforce the application of proactive safe work policies, procedures, and standards to address risks to the safety, health and welfare of employees and others who may be affected by our business operations.
- Provide information and training at all levels of the organization so that employees can recognize safety, health, and environmental hazards and know how to prevent harm to themselves and others from exposure to these hazards.
- Provide employees with the appropriate equipment and resources needed to conduct their activities in a safe and effective manner.
- Investigate reported injury/illness, damage, environmental, and near miss incidents and implement corrective measures to prevent recurrence.
- Continually improve our safety, health, and environmental management system and performance by setting leading and lagging indicator goals and targets on an annual basis in support of strengthening HDR’s safety culture and supporting our Drive to Zero goals.
- Provide safety, health, and environmental performance feedback and support to management based on timely and effective audits, inspections, and observations.
- Affirm that workers have the right to work in a safe and healthy work environment.
- Work in the spirit of consultation and cooperation with workers, health and safety committees, subconsultants, subcontractors and other workplace parties.
Fulfilling HDR’s commitment to safety is an ethical responsibility we take seriously and expect each employee to do the same.
General Responsibilities for Safety, Health & Environmental
Employees and workplace parties are responsible for complying with HDR and client safety, health, and environmental policies, procedures and standards and for reporting incidents and hazards to their supervisor in a timely manner. Supervisors are responsible for managing the safety, health and environmental welfare of all employees working under their control and taking disciplinary actions as needed to support compliance. This policy is reviewed annually by senior management to validate our safety objectives and performance in support of continuous improvement of our health and safety program.
Eric L. Keen
Chief Executive Officer
April 24, 2023