Penn State Transportation Engineering and Safety Conference
Join us virtually at this year’s TESC event! Network with and learn with professionals from throughout Pennsylvania, the mid-Atlantic region and the country.
Make sure to check out our experts’ sessions to hear more about the I-75 at University Parkway diverging diamond interchange as well as adjusting to working remotely and engaging our communities amidst the challenges of this year.
- Wednesday, December 9 | 1-2 p.m. CST
- Moderator: Jennifer K. Walsh, P.E., PTP, HDR, Traffic & Planning Section Manager
- Robert Chiapelli, deputy secretary for administration, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Julie Levy, office services manager, Michael Baker, International
- Holly Rybinski, principal, Rybinski Engineering
A panel discussion on how companies and agencies are adjusting to working remotely during the pandemic. Discussing the challenges, lessons learned, pros, cons and exploring the ways companies/agencies may permanently change how they do business
Projects at the Edge — Case Studies in Being First
- Thursday, December 10 | 3-4 p.m. CST
- Presenter: Smith Siromaskul, P.E., P. Eng., Senior Transportation Engineer/ Professional Associate, HDR
This presentation will cover the life of an innovative design project from conception through planning and design to implementation. Using the I-75 at University Parkway DDI as a core story, this presentation will also weave other projects together to provide lessons learned along the way from initial agency discussions to stakeholder outreach to design and implementation lessons learned. It will also cover results of the operational and safety improvements seen at these locations.
When the Open House Is Closed
- Friday, December 11 | 12-1 p.m. CST
- Presenter: Theresa McClure, Vice President, Strategic Communications, HDR
Providing virtual public involvement is a necessity for our clients and agencies given the changes and restrictions we all face in this COVID-19 environment. This session will present on various tools and methods to provide a successful virtual outreach and public involvement plan to meet the needs of our clients.