Residential Mixed-Use Building Offers Vibrant Urban Living in Downtown Victoria
Working closely with Cox Development, HDR helped to realize their vision — a mixed-use residential high-rise designed as artful structures in vibrant urban centers within walking distance of all the important modern conveniences.
The resulting 989 Victoria is a 205 unit, two tower 15 and 17-story condo with a six-story podium. Ground floor commercial spaces envelop the entire property and two live-work units situated south of the 15-story tower.
Three levels of underground parking are accessible through a common entrance between both towers. An internal landscaped courtyard will be a focal point and social opportunity for residents to gather on the sunny side of the building.
A rich palette was developed for the building expression, including fritted and colored glass features. The building itself, while being modern and urban, has natural softening features, such as wood soffits on the lower floors and brick accents articulating different sections of the building.
Building features include:
- A high performance glazing system to optimize the balance of natural light and thermal comfort with floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Lobbies that open to the south facing courtyard.
- A yoga deck in the patio garden courtyard is available for residents’ use.
- Storage locker and a bike locker for each unit.
- Two electric car-charging stations.
- 9,000 square foot main floor commercial space with exterior seating and gathering places.